Monday, December 24, 2007


August, 1998 A few weeks ago, my heart went bad. I had a diagnosis of arterial fibrillation. I was in the hospital emergency twice in less than two weeks. The first time I blacked out, and was taken to the hospital emergency. I got all the treatment a heart patient gets, the machines, wires, patches, etc. The cardiologist was called in. He put me on a blood thinner and other medications. He told me, there was a 2-out-of-3 chance I would have a stroke before morning! The cardiologist came in the next morning, looked at the blood test, and checked me over. My heart was back to normal. The blood thinner was working, I could go home and continue all medication. I was warned: If there was any pain around my heart, any weakness, to get to emergency quick! He would see me in 2 weeks otherwise. I was home 3-4 days and started to bleed inside. I went back to emergency. The doctor didn't know where the blood was coming from, but they did know they couldn't stop it. The blood had to be thickened and that would take time. So they did blood test all night, like every 2 hours till the blood thickened. I was released from the hospital with warning: don't pick up a knife, don't shave your legs, don't ride in a car etc....For if I cut myself or fell and hurt myself, they could not stop the blood.I was told to stay in the house until the blood stopped. I was released from the hospital on Friday. I noticed Saturday, the blood was less.Then Sunday morning there was hardly any blood. So I said, "I'm going to church." I had to walk about 2-3 blocks, but I felt I could make it. I wore flat shoes and walked slow and I made it. I always sit in the same seat in church each Sunday, with a friend. She already knew about my heart problem and was asking me about my health, when a friend of hers stopped to say hello to her.This is when I met Becky Hitt. My friend asked me to tell Becky about my heart problem. I did. It was close to time for church services to start. Becky was going to sit in another spot. But she said to me, "I will pray for you!" (At this time I didn't know that Becky did healing prayer) I thanked her. I thought she meant she would remember me in her prayers next week. I thought what a kind nice lady she was to pray for me. I sure needed all the prayer I could get!!So I sat through the services, but began to get very tired, and little pains were all around my heart. I had been told by the doctor, that this might happen. If so, I was to get to emergency fast. I thought I was on my way. I was leaving my seat when Becky, the Prayer Lady, came and touched me on the arm. She said, "my husband Bill and I would like to pray for you." She caught me off-guard. I liked the idea of prayer very much. But I didn't know it was to be now, in the church. And too, I had this pain all around my heart like fine needles sticking in the flesh. My mind was saying, "Should I go for home and the hospital, or prayer?" I went for the prayer!! Bill & Becky prayed for me. Then Bill asked me, "How do you feel?" My mouth flew open. I said "The pain around my heart is gone!! Bill, Becky & I all said, "Praise the Lord!!" I walked home a little faster, than I had coming. I felt fine, all the next week.On Sunday, I waved to Bill & Becky that I was okay. Then the Friday of the next week I saw the cardiologist, for a follow-up visit. This would tell the story. What they would add to, take away, what medications I would take, etc. ( I did dread this visit). The nurse saw me first, she took my blood pressure. She said, "looks good." Then the doctor did what he does, checked the pulse, lungs, then moved to the front of the chest, then moved to the back. He would listen in one spot then move to another spot, move back and listen to the same spot again. (I would think he had found something). When he came around where I could see his face. There was a big smile on his face, he said "Everything is just perfect. Your heart is so in tune, I could set my watch by it." Then, he said "I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to take you off all medication, and put you on one small aspirin a day. We will try you on this, but if there's any problem, I will put you back on the other medications, but in smaller doses." I said, "Oh, no, no, the aspirin is going to be just fine. Everything will be okay!! For I am getting some very effective prayer for me at the church." The doctor looked at me and smiled. He said, "I will see you in 6 months."Praise the Lord!Ms. W.C.L.This testimony may be used as long as it is not altered or edited.

No comments: