Monday, September 24, 2007

EMOTIONAL PAIN HEALED

Christians, we are aware that the Holy Scriptures instruct us that " if anyone among us is sick, let him call the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. " James 5:14. I have known this for 17 years, and have prayed for the sick and believed with all my heart that by faith God will hear our prayers, and will heal our mind, body and spirit. In spite of this, during times of my struggle with spiritual or physical pain, I seem to forget my witness to others regarding God' s healing power through the prayers and healing touch of those He calls to carry out His mission of healing the sick, and I depend on my own resources for healing. I experienced this... again...just two months ago, when I developed persistent ,severe, pain in my mid to upper back which at times, caused nausea. After three weeks of no relief with professional help, I became ill during a Sunday morning Church Service, and called upon an elder to pray for me. In a few minutes, I was reminded of a year long problem in our family, which had caused resentment, anger, and emotional stress, thus, taking its toll on my body, and resulting in spiritual confusion. Following prayer by my friend, and God's obedient servant, the pain was gone, in body and mind. I have been pain-free since. Praise God for His goodness, His promises, His healing and for sending us His obedient servants to carry on His work; and for the saving grace of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
D. W.

No comments: